The Top 10 Interior Hardware Design Trends for 2022
Who knew the humble door handle could be so interesting? With changing customer tastes, the possible design permutations of doorknobs are mind-boggling. In fact, if it’s something that people use on a daily basis – lights, ovens, toilets, you name it – it’s probably going to be redesigned over the next few years. Here’s our list of interior hardware design trends that we think will be top sellers by 2022.
10 Most Popular Interior Hardware Design Trends for 2022
- Bold, Black Hardware: Say goodbye to fingerprint-prone brushed nickel and hello to matte black everything. This trend started in kitchens, with appliances and fixtures in an elegant gothic shade, and is now making its way to hardware. Black hardware makes a strong visual impact and gives rooms an air of sophistication.
- Sleek, Minimalist Designs: In line with the current obsession with all things mid-century modern, sleek and minimalist hardware designs are becoming increasingly popular. These pieces are often made of stainless steel or other modern materials, and they have a clean, streamlined look that can work well in both contemporary and traditional settings.
- Organic Shapes: As we become more aware of the importance of sustainability, organic shapes are appearing in all kinds of design, including hardware. This trend is all about pieces that mimic nature, with curved, flowing lines and natural materials like wood and stone.
- Mixed Materials: Hardware is no longer just metal or plastic – it’s now a mix of different materials, often in unexpected combinations. This trend includes everything from pieces that combine wood and metal to those that mix different metals or even plastic and metal. The goal is to create interesting visual textures and contrast.
- Bright, Bold Colors: Interior hardware is no longer just silver, brass, or black. These days, you can find it in any color of the rainbow, and some manufacturers are even offering customizable options. If you’re looking to add a pop of color to your décor, this is the trend for you.
- Geometric Designs: Geometric shapes are another big trend in interior hardware design. These pieces often have a minimalist aesthetic, and they can add a touch of visual interest to any space. It’s a great way to incorporate the current obsession with all things geometric into your décor.
- Aesthetic Functionality: A new breed of hardware is being designed with both form and function in mind. These pieces are not only beautiful but they’re also designed to perform specific tasks, like opening doors or turning on lights. This trend is all about making the everyday objects in your home more efficient and user-friendly.
- High-Tech Hardware: As our homes become more connected, it’s no surprise that hardware is starting to incorporate some high-tech features. This trend includes everything from Bluetooth-enabled door locks to voice-activated lights. If you want your home to be on the cutting edge, this is the trend for you.
- Sustainable Materials: With an increasing focus on sustainability, many manufacturers are now using eco-friendly materials in their hardware. This includes everything from recycled metals to certified wood. If you want to reduce your environmental impact, look for hardware made from sustainable materials.
- Antique design: Whether it is a door knob, a toilet paper holder, or a coat hook, antique-inspired hardware is becoming increasingly popular. This trend is all about pieces that have a vintage look, often with a patina or distressed finish. If you’re looking to add some character to your home, this is the trend for you.
Now that you’re up to date on the latest interior hardware design trends, it’s time to start shopping! Keep these trends in mind as you browse pieces, and don’t be afraid to mix and match different styles to create a look that’s all your own. With so many options available, the possibilities are endless.